Tuesday 4 November 2008

Top 100 Crime Fiction Novels

Dear People Who Are Studying Crime Writing For HSC Extension English 1, also People Who Happen To Be Into That Sort Of Thing Anyway:

I found some lists compiled by two crime/mystery writers' associations of the 100 greatest crime novels of all time, ten categories with ten titles each (eg. "The Golden Age", "Thrillers", "Humorous", etc...). Seeing as we're advised to read about 30 books to get a grasp of the genre and to select some related texts from, I thought I'd share with y'all what are generally accepted by the whodunit cognoscenti as worth reading-

This is the UK list from 1990 from The Hatchards Crime Companion.
This is the US list from 1995 from The Crown Crime Companion.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

RYAN. said...

You pretty much just saved my life. Awesome.

B. said...

That's what I'm here for!