Saturday 10 October 2009

In honour of impeding affluence: Erised

I'm whiling away my time making object lust lists. Partly because in a month and a bit HSC is over and we're going on a job hunt! (We're going on a job hunt!) We're gonna catch a big one (We're actually gonna catch a poorlypaid casualposition but hey!) I'm not scared! I'm-not-scared!

But not really because of that. Tackily, in a similar time frame I turn 18 and people keep asking me that impossible question, "What do you want?" to which I must honestly answer thusly. I got everything I need. But if you insist, please don't fill my desk drawers with cutesy, grammatically incorrect Azn stationery. They're already fairly bursting with such fruits of my junior years at a selective girls' high. I'd much rather...


  1. your favourite book
  2. Moleskine soft cover pocket-sized daily diary (oh fuuu- I'm a wanker. A converted converted wanker...) (D:) (whatever, they're nicely designed. a no-name brand daily diary of a similar size, appearance and function will of course suffice)
  3. an analog camerah (my SLR's shutter function has ceased to do so)
  4. Polaroid? lomo? Demekin fisheye 110? something photographically fun...
  5. Agyness Deyn

  6. band tshirts! Next year I'm making new friends by o n l y ever wearing band tshirts, so efficient in delineating tastes and preferences that we'll barely need to talk! Leaving so much time for other, better things... (Personal branding FTW. Webcomic shirts are also good for this sort of thing.)

  7. shooting stars, unicorns, hash brownies, whatnot...

  8. a dictionary of quotations (to wean me off Tumblr)

  9. a wicked hat stand/coat rack. Captain Hook.
  10. a vegan cookbook: two New Years resolutions with one tome! (them being to live mindfully and learn to do basic stuff for myself)

  11. an extravagntly mystical and beautiful incense holder
  12. cream or brown headphones. Like these darling retro panasonic ones, but available in Aus :(

  13. gypsy jewellery
  14. magic stockings or scarlet socks

  15. braces (pants braces, but preferably teeth braces because people wivvem are sooo cute! but I hear they're also expensive and painful, so maybe not)

  16. gin/red wine/butterscotch schnapps

  17. the gift of knowledge
  18. nothing

And yet it stands: no matter how hard I hoard curiousities, complete collections, and vigorously Improve My Existence with Lifestyle Products™, I will still die alone. Ah, the incontrovertible! Breathe it in now, breathe it in!

P.S. "I see myself holding a pair of thick, woolen socks." Harry stared.

No comments: